I’m sending this out to the entire club membership in case anyone who’s not golfing would like to join us after the event in the club house for the end of season business such as collecting your gift cards (if that’s how you decided to receive payment), voting on 2016 officers, awarding of ‘Player of the Year’, etc…
The golf starts at 8am and is s shotgun start so I’d like to think we’d be off the course and in the club house by the noon hour.
Here’s some facts about the golf portion of this day: Season Ending Event: 1-Man Scramble
- SHOTGUN START: This event will begin at 8:00am from a variety of tee boxes. Please note your starting position, which is found in the ‘Hole’ column of the image below.
- Format: One-Man Scramble - Each player gets two extra shots per hole but must pick up at bogie. Can only use one extra shot per shot (example; cannot take three shots at birdie putt if on par 4 green in regulation without using any extra shots). If extra shot is taken then you can chose the better of the two shots to hit your next ball from (aka SCRAMBLE)
- Recommended strategy: Hit tee-ball in fairway! If you miss the fairway and it is in the trees, walk to your ball and hit a second shot (save your scramble shots) - get the second shot close to the green or back into play! Use your first scramble shot (one of the two extra shots) to hit your second or third shot close to the pin, Use your second scramble shot (two of the two extra shots) on taking two putts at making par or birdie, Key is to attempt to hit fairway on your tee shot or at least give yourself a shot at hitting it near the green.
- Flights: There will be three flights (Championship, A and B) defined in the following manner.
- Championship Flight (3.8 index to 8.4): 13 Players
- A Flight (8.7 index to 11.7): 13 Players
- B Flight (12.3 index to 23.9): 14 Players
- Payouts: We'll pay the top three spots in each flight; $35, $25 and $20. This will be paid out immediately following the event.
- Score Cards: Score cards will be provided, please hand the cards in to Scott Walecki or Jeff Camosy after completing your round. This is a flighted GROSS event so you don't have to worry about any handicaps, just card your gross score.
- Skins: No skins game will be offered since it does not make sense in this format.